About The Recorded Music Group
We meet monthly throughout the year to hear music that will be new to most of us and (hopefully) enjoyed by all of us, and so discover music that we might otherwise never hear. At most meetings, a member or a guest presents a programme of his or her choice. We also have “Members’ Choices” evenings, where members bring along whatever they think others will enjoy.
What sort of music do we play?
Our core programme is classical, but in a broad sense, and presenters often include a seasoning of jazz, folk or brass. We have even had bagpipes — Swedish bagpipes!
Where and when do we meet?
We meet in Garstang Arts Centre, usually on the first Monday of each month, starting at 7:30 pm and finishing at 9:30, with an interval for refreshment.
How much does it cost?
There is no charge for membership of the Recorded Music Group, but Arts Society membership is payable through Recorded Music if you are not otherwise a member. There is an attendance charge of £1 per meeting for members, or £2 for visitors (that is, non-members of Garstang and District Arts Society). Visitors are always very welcome, but please note that frequent visitors are expected to become members! Refreshments (tea, coffee, biscuits) are available at our meetings at no further charge.
Contact Gordon Semple on 01995 602337 or David Greenwood on 01995 602875 — or just come along one evening! Visitors are welcome at all our meetings.
Programme for 2019
Please be aware that the programme is subject to change due to illness, holidays, family weddings or whatever. Almost always, the change will be no more than presenters swapping dates, and we do try to keep this posting up to date.
- September 2nd, Chris Rodwell – Duos and Quartets
- October 7th, Michael Cookson – The Beautiful Voice
- November 4th, Gordon Bell – Desert Island Decade
- December 2nd, Members’ Choices – Music chosen by members
- Meetings: Monthly, usually on the first Monday
- Venue: Garstang Arts Centre
- Subscription Fees: £1 per meeting for members, or £2 for visitors
- Contact: Gordon Semple – 01995 602337 or David Greenwood – 01995 602875